We needed a new goat shelter. Each shed we build we improve on its design just a little bit. This one we truly wanted to be able to move.
The entire shed rests on 2×10 skids. The holes were drilled with the intention of using them to anchor a chain.
Hanks snoozes through our construction. We had just finished chores (feeding goats and chickens) and chasing everything wears him out.
Framed up and ready for roofing. We are using painted metal roofing, 8′ long. We made the she a little shorter than what the metal sheets would cover, so about 10′ wide covered by 12′ roofing. It is 6′ deep.
Token artsy shot. It was a very nice day.
Roof is on and we start doing the walls. While all of our other sheds are board and batting, this one uses plywood to keep its weight down.
Almost done. Yes Murphy has to be in every picture, and he usually is — I just cut him out
We ended up not using the holes for the chain and placed this 2×4 across one side. If you use one chain in these holes, it will draw up and tighten and bring the skids together. Not good! You could use 3 chains, and use one on each side to create a loop and the third chain to bring them together and attach it to the tractor, or you can use this method.
Done and ready to move.
And Hank wakes up just in time to help.
The boom is attached and we start dragging shed into place.
Close call by the house.
Hank is an eager helper.
Going down the hill was less eventful than I thought.
And the shed is in place. We need to put up some (more) fencing and move goats around. We are always doing fencing.